Vice President of Community Engagement
The Lung Association, Saskatchewan is searching for a motivated, detail-oriented, positive person to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President of Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Coordinator will have a large portfolio working with volunteers and donors on a daily basis. The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for three important areas of our fund development workplan; raffle administration (spring and fall), volunteer fundraising and coordination, and managing the Tributes program, in addition to other activities as assigned.
BREATHING PASSION AND COMPASSION. Our reason for being can really be summed up in one word: Breathe. It’s what unites us. It’s what inspires us. And it’s what keeps our community of physicians, scientists, clinicians, educators, administrators, volunteers and donors so committed — whether it’s searching for cures to lung diseases, teaching our youth about the dangers of tobacco, or fighting for clean air. The Lung Association, Saskatchewan is the leading organization in our province working to promote lung health and prevent and manage lung disease. We do this by funding vital research and pushing for innovative ways to help people manage their health.
- Raffle Coordination
- Manage all administration for our spring and fall raffles (includes inquiries, ticket fulfillment, ticket printing, data management, and prize solicitation and distribution)
- Call centre management for outbound and inbound calls.
- Process all incoming raffle ticket orders and donations on customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Prize and sponsorship solicitation.
- Volunteer Fundraising and Volunteer Management
- Empower individual and community supporters to fundraise.
- Support the volunteer fundraising initiatives and manage and organize logistics (occasional travel within Saskatchewan may be required)
- Coordinate all volunteer led events by supporting vendors, volunteer committees and providing oversight in these areas:
- Operation, logistics, security
- Communications and marketing
- Fundraising and recognition
- Process reports specific to volunteer fundraising events
- Recruit, train, and coach volunteers to fundraise
- Provide the content for web pages, emails, social media, newsletters, and all related volunteer fundraising content.
- Manage and respond to all inquiries from volunteer fundraisers via mail, email, social media, and phone on a timely basis.
- Fulfill all tribute donations
- Raise awareness and revitalize the Tributes Program
- Any other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all internal Lung Association policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience working with volunteers an asset
- Proficiency in data processing and technology
- Proficiency in using databases
- Ability to communicate with donors, community partners and volunteers and excellent telephone etiquette
- Experience in managing human resources an asset
- Accurate data entry skills with attention to detail and precision
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid Saskatchewan driver’s license is required
- Ability to work showing initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to foster good relationships and proactively network
- Ability to make decisions, solve problem and offer solutions
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Perform duties in accordance with the values of The Lung Association, Saskatchewan including efficiency, effectiveness, professionalism, integrity, honesty, compassion, respect and dignity
- All employees of The Lung Association, Saskatchewan are expected to follow a lifestyle which exemplifies good respiratory health habits
TIME REQUIREMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS
- This is a Full-Time position working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. There is occasional evenings and weekend work as required.
- This position will be based out of The Lung Association office at 1231 8th Street East in Saskatoon, SK.
- Office environment (sitting, standing, some light lifting)
- May have to travel and support events within Saskatchewan
If you wish to explore this opportunity please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.