Radon

Take Action on Radon - SK

Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer and Saskatchewan is a hot spot! Radon is a radioactive gas from the natural breakdown of uranium in the ground.   You can’t see, taste or smell radon. It gets into homes and buildings undetected through cracks in the foundation or gaps around pipes.  The only way to know how much radon is in your home or building is to test for it.

In this section

Learn more

We recommend that you test your home for radon, an invisible gas that can cause lung cancer. Radon test kits are available from the Lung Association of Saskatchewan for a cost of $50. The cost also includes the analysis from the Saskatchewan Research Council. These kits are easy to use and your results will be sent to you afterwards. If your home has high radon levels, you can repair it to block the radon.

References: 
  1. Health Canada Publications
  2. Health Canada - Radon Information
  3. Video: Radon Test Kit - Detect Radon In Your Home
  4. For more information on occupational concerns, go to The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety - and search for radon (http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/phys_agents/radon.html)
AddThis Social Sharing Icon

Page Last Updated: 02/01/2017