Radon Reduction Sweepstakes
By taking action to reduce radon levels, you ensure safe, healthy air in your home which helps to prevent lung cancer.
Take Action on Radon (TAOR) and the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST) have partnered to offer a total of $10,000 in prizes for a National Radon Reduction Sweepstakes! Homeowners that have tested their home for radon and taken action to reduce levels to below Health Canada’s recommended guideline of 200 Bq/m3 have a chance to receive a rebate for up to $1,000 towards the cost of the radon reduction method in their home. There will be 10 draws, each worth up to $1,000.
The 2018–2019 contest is now open. Find information below. Submit your entry online here.
2017–2018 Contest Winners
- Dave Dobson from Kanata, ON
- Mark Knettig from Edmonton, AB
- Brett Seidler from Regina, SK
- Glenn Schneider from Trail, BC
- Jo-Anne Stoltz from Castlegar, BC
- Tanya Graham from Calgary, AB
- Suzanne Marit from Willow Bunch, SK
- Roy Stock from Gorham, ON
- Robert Edwards from Hardwicke, NB
- Darryl Jonah from Studholm, NB
2018–2019 Sweepstakes Rules
- Radon reduction must have been conducted in a residential dwelling.
- Participant must have mitigated the home for radon between January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
- Deadline to submit the contest application is July 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm CDT.
- Sweepstakes participants must be willing to share their name, radon reduction story and photos, and to participate in any media activities related to sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes participant must show proof of payment (a photocopy or scanned copy of invoice with paid stamp) and proof that they used a C-NRPP mitigation professional as listed at the following link (http://c-nrpp.ca/find-a-professional/).
- Limited to one entry/household (if sweepstakes participant has entered multiple properties they are only eligible for one prize).
- Winners will receive payment for costs associated with radon reduction methods up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Participants will be entered by region, with one prize awarded per region (6 regions) and 4 additional prizes awarded over all regions combined for a total of 10 prizes. The regions are defined as follows: British Columbia/Yukon, Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan/Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic/Nunavut.
- For a total of 10 prizes, the chances of winning depend on the number of entries.
- The Radon Reduction Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and representatives of CARST and those residing with them may not participate in the contest.
- Winners must have correctly completed the skill-testing question included on the contest application.
- Winners will be selected by draw and announced September 20, 2019 at 10:00 am local time across Canada.
- The draw will take place at the CARST office (address below).
- Prizes will be delivered to all contest winners.
- Residents of Quebec are to note that any disputes as to the organisation of the contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux to be settled. A dispute as the awarding of a prize may only be submitted to the Régie with the goal of mediation to settle the dispute.
- Contest applications can be completed online or downloaded and completed manually and sent to: (entries must be postmarked no later than July 15, 2019)
4 Donald McClintock Bay
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2G 3N3