Radon Reduction Sweepstakes
By taking action to reduce radon levels, you ensure safe, healthy air in your home which helps prevent lung cancer.
Take Action on Radon (TAOR) and Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST) have partnered to offer a total of $10,000 for a National Radon Reduction Sweepstakes! Homeowners that have tested their home for radon and taken action to reduce levels to below Health Canada's recommended guideline of 200 Bq/m3 have a chance to receive a rebate for up to $1,000 towards the cost of the radon reduction method in their home. There will be 10 draws, each worth up to $1,000 with two prizes awarded per region.
If your home has been mitigated by a certified radon professional between June 1, 2013 and June 30, 2018 you may be eligible to win up to $1,000 to offset the cost of the work done. Be sure to review the rules to ensure you are eligible to receive a rebate and enter to win by completing the mail-in application form. The deadline for entries is June 30, 2018, so be sure to take action on radon before then!
All applications postdated by June 30, 2018 will be entered into their regional draw and winners will be randomly selected by TAOR and CARST, and announced on September 15, 2018.
Sweepstakes Application Form
To enter the Sweepstakes, please complete this application form [takeactiononradon.ca] along with a copy of the mitigation receipt or invoice that confirms completed payment and name of certified professional, and mail it to:Attn: Connie Choy Scout Environmental 30 Commercial Road East York, ON M4G 1Z4
Or email it to:
- Radon reduction method must be conducted in a residential dwelling.
- Sweepstakes participant must have mitigated home for radon in the last five years (June 1, 2013-June 30, 2018).
- Sweepstakes participant must be willing to share name, reduction method story and photos, and to participate in any media activities related to sweepstake.
- Sweepstakes participant must show proof of payment (invoice with paid stamp) and proof that they used a C-NRPP mitigation professional.
- Limited to one entry/household (if sweepstakes participant has entered multiple properties they are only eligible for one prize).
- Winners will receive payment for costs associated with radon reduction methods up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Participants will be entered by region, two prizes will be awarded per region. The regions are defined as follows: British Columbia/Yukon, Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan/Manitoba, Ontario, Atlantic/Nunavut.
- For a total of 10 prizes, the chances of winning depends on the number of entries.
- Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, except for Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older.
- You must complete the skill testing question included on the application.